Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pinterest

Hello All! Don't have a garden update today, but I will tell you that there were some casualties. We're expecting another freeze tomorrow, so I won't post an update on the garden until after this next freeze.

In the meantime, I wanted to fill you in on a fabulous new website that I've been using for a few weeks now. It's called Pinterest and it allows you to "pin" photos of things that you come across on other sites. Basically, you create mood boards to suit your various interests. For example, I have a style board, craft board, design board, food board (duh) and so on. When you create an account it automatically starts you off with some pre-set boards.




Here's the official definition from Pinterest:

What is Pinterest? Pinterest is a social catalog service. Think of it as a virtual pinboard — a place where you can post collections of things you love, and "follow" collections created by people with great taste.


Theses handy pinboards allow me to keep track of things that I find inspirational or just plain fun, all in one neat place. I can then go back and easily find something instead of trolling through the countless posts I may have starred or bookmarked on a blog. It's amazing and I luff it. I luff it.


The added bonus is that you can view other boards and see what folks find inspiring and re-pin onto your own board. Again, I luff it.

Feel free to check out the boards I've created at Pinterest.



Happy pinning!!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...